View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Grrrrr   11/4/2008, 5:07 am

Hi guys

Well im not suprised but im getting VERY pissed off with the ignorance of Ts needs in sch Sad

He has been told that he needs to stop asking for help in class (putting his hand up to ask the teacher for help) and that he needs to do the work on his own, along with needing to work faster. T says he copies the other children's work because he does not know what to do, its all very worrying even tho sch say 'there are no problems'. If no problems then why is my son being told these things and made to feel the way he does?

T has said to me that he does not understand what the teacher says sometimes, this is exactly what my independent reports have noted in regards to Ts needs.

Just waiting to spk with my PP lady (she is calling me back) to discuss, i am fed up with people expecting T to understand when he simply does not. Because he is intelligent (he is expected to be in gifted & talented group next yr) for some strange reason it is hindering his needs, yet for all those who know about ASDs intelligence can be present but this does not mean there are no problems! Mad

waiting for the HT to call me back, i want a meeting with the 1-1 and the class teacher and i bet they are gonna hate me, do i care? nope!

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr   11/4/2008, 11:37 am

Go girl!!! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr   12/4/2008, 3:38 am

hugging Hope it goes well. They have no understanding whatsoever. Have they done any research into autism at all? Dd is very bright but at the same time needs us to rephrase what we say to her so she can understand, she still carnt tell me what she had for lunch, she will only say she had lunch, and I have to be so carefull if I tell her off for something because I have to be absolutely certain she understood what I said in the first place, if she didnt there is no point telling her off. He needs ALOT more help in school, the staff need to understand that they are the problem, not T and need to put more time into explaining things to him on a 1-1 I know u already know that hun Im just really anoyed for u and T. Sending big hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr   

Back to top Go down

Grrrrr
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Education-
Jump to: