View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Not good   12/3/2008, 4:57 am

Hi guys

Sorry i do not get here much these days but life is sooooo hectic with meetings and I'm quite down about how things are going Sad

T has now been in a fight and bullied most days (not all is witnessed by an adult/staff)

He has had a detention for fighting, being called names and picked on daily, yesterday morning i had to endure standing in the playground and watch 2 boys tell T to go away from them and he is a freak Sad

Then last night T talked to me while being in the role of 2 other boys and he used a different tone of voice for each child, below is what T told by by using his imaginary friends.

What T does here is use other people who are not there to really open up about what is wrong or if anything is bothering, very clever i may add but its also sad to hear what he says, this is why i know my baby needs serious help.

Using role play communicate to me

B said '* **, i saw T get punched and elbowed in school today and people always pick on him' I said to B 'i wish T would tell the teacher' T then came in as himself and said 'i don't want to tell the teacher' i then explained that this is the only way anyone can help if only T would tell the teacher. Then B told me that T was finding it really hard to see the board today and he moved to see it better but he still could not see what was on the board and it had to be written on the white board for him, then the teacher asked T 'are you sure you do not need glasses?' B thought T may well need glasses because he really finds it hard to see the board a lot. I was then told that T was told he needed to speed up in literacy/maths and that is his target - to speed up.

Then T took on the role on K, K told me he too saw T get picked on and he gets called names, along with saying he sees T struggle in class work, i used this opportunity again to say 'T must tell the teachers that he is struggling with anything so that they can help him' the reply i then got from T being himself was 'i always put my hand up because i don't know what to do or i cant see the work on the board'.

This shows me T is struggling in school and in many areas, he then said this morning, that the children are too noisy and he cannot do his work.

So he has trouble putting on paper what he needs to and in all subjects as far as i am aware, he gets physically & verbally bullied, gets detention for fighting and has fights that are not always witnessed. He cannot see the board in lessons to to able to do with the work set efficiently and the noises in the classroom stop him from doing his work efficiently also.

This speaks volumes to me and yet the school have told dad he is doing 'very well and no problems' then i told dad (this was last night on the phone) T had a detention last week for fighting, his reply was 'oh really?! they never told me that' (dad spoke to school on Monday) I said why would a school who says T is 'doing so well' going to tell u he has had a detention for fighting? He seemed shocked i said this but i'm clued up with how some (IME) schools go about situations like this but i refuse to sit back and let T deteriorate in the hands of people who really do not cater for his special needs.

T also now has a 1-1 and on friday he wet himself at school lunch playtime, the school rang me to tell me what happened and that they were washing his clothes but he is fine.

T wets himself alot while playing out or when engrossed in something he finds hard to stop doing and a few days ago he did a number 2 in his pants while playing out.

I am eagerly awaiting the next meeting, by which time the EP should have submitted his report and i will not tolerate any crap they have to say, my son needs serious help.

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Not good   12/3/2008, 2:12 pm

Thinking of you both. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Not good   12/3/2008, 2:31 pm

hugging Thinking of u Bambi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madvic

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Not good   17/3/2008, 10:13 am

Oh sweetheart, I had hoped that things were easing for you a bit now T is in school and that but I guess this isn't the case. You know where I am if you ever wanna chat hunni. Think bout you an T a lot, know I'm rubbish at staying in touch but you're always on my mind. Love ya's xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Not good   5/4/2008, 6:17 am

big hugs to you hun hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992