Educational Psychologist meeting today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Educational Psychologist meeting today   5/3/2008, 4:43 pm

I went to this meeting an hour later after the CAMHS meeting (i know another hectic day of meetings!) and i was so low but i kept a fresh light on this one obviously because i had never met this man before.

He discussed that he had read the information that had been passed to him via the PP who is working with me for Ts needs and he said he knows about PDA becuase he has taken it upon himself to attend talks and find out more about PDA. Now thats what i call a professional who cares! he stated that to parent a child with PDA is difficult and it is not easy. For instance he said it could be easier to parent a child who is passive in one sense because they are laid back and very passive making it easier work in that sense but when a child is 'in ur face' and far from passive that is hard. He said its the same with a child who has classic autism, some are passive and some are in ur face.

We only got to chat for 10 mins due to the meeting starting late and me having to leave 30 mins earlier than planned because i had to pick T up from school. What he said in them 10 mins was like a breath of fresh air and i told him so then i started to cry saying all i want is help for my son, he said thats what we psychologists are here for and he also told me he will help me with the LA side of things.

He said we need to meet again and i said anytime, so he said this friday morn at 10am, now thats what i call quick! thumbup

I can only hope and pray (i cant take anymore ignorance Sad ) this is the man we need to get Ts difficulties recognized for what they really are, i could not give two hoots what CAMHS has to say and i do not need their attitude or ignorance because it is not in their interest to help my son.

I left him a dvd i have done fo Ts behaviours, like how he attacks me on the way to school and his sort of talk, along with him walking round in circles and pacing up & down, saying that everyone his family dont like him him, his meltdowns and his self harming.

I also gave him documents i have done along with the latest SaLT report regarding what the SaLT witnessed and endured in my home on friday gone, i got this 2nd report from her on monday (she did it free of charge due to being so distressed at what happened).

Roll on friday!

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Educational Psychologist meeting today   6/3/2008, 2:02 pm

Fingers crossed for you1 xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Educational Psychologist meeting today   6/3/2008, 2:03 pm