At what cost?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: At what cost?   29/2/2008, 12:09 pm

I have had a rough time of it since i picked T up from school, he had a friend from school over to play and that ended in disaster with T being very abusive towards him.

Later on the private SaLT came and initially T sat to do some stuff with her but then he came bolting upstairs calling her a f***ing bitch and lots of not so nice things, he eventaully went back to her but then i could hear things being thrown and when i went down he was starting to get really angry (typical meltdown) he was screaming that he had a really bad day at school and that he had been called this and that by kids at school.

T then started to demand i answer something with a yes or no, he did not ask me anything for me to answer and because i would not do as he said he picked up his rubiks cube (unbeknown to me) and smashed it in the back of my head, my god did it hurt! i have a lump to show for it.

From here it just escalated and T was launching things at us both, anything he could get his hands on was thrown at us, we tried to send him to his room but he was refusing and being very violent. Then T said 'do u want me to poo in my room?' i told him no just go to ur room, then he pulled down his pants and held his willy out to wee on the SaLT, i moved him so he didnt wee on her and sure enough he went ahead and did wee all over the place, while laughing about it.

He then started to sef harm, we had to grab everything out of the way as he was picking up things to hit himself in the head with and then he started to head butt the banister, it was awful Sad

Eventually T did go to his room and slammed his door repeatedly with lots of swearing, i have to say this was again horrendous behaviour which is just destroying our lives.

The SaLT has said she is shocked at the fact we do not get help and at what cost must he go to a school that does not cater for the skills he needs to learn in life? how bloody true! He may conform but again at what cost? She is doing a report about what happened this eve because this is extreme and in her opinion he desperately needs to see a psychiatrist.

She refused to leave me alone with T, she gave me such a meaningful hug then told me she will help all she can and attend any meetings i wish her to.

I rung my bro and he came within minutes, we all chatted and she left wishing me luck and she will forward to me what she has to write about what happened over this weekend.

I am going to watch a movie with T now, then get him to bed and have a bloody good drink. My head hurts, im so scared about the damage it is doing to T with him going to a school that is not specifically for his needs, when will anyone listen? like the SaLT said, does T have to seriously hurt me or himself before anything is done?

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: At what cost?   6/3/2008, 1:51 pm

Omg. I agree with what she is saying about T hurting you cos I've said so many times about his strength and how quick he is. How are things now? Has he been back to school since? Thinking about you both. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At what cost?   10/3/2008, 4:31 am

Thanx Grandma, its been a hell of a few weeks that T has been back to school, yes he is still going and we talked about school again last night. He said he wants to chose what subjects he does in school and when i said 'so what would u chose then?' his reply was 'playtimes, so we can play football all the time' how did i know he was going to say footy Rolling Eyes

I then said what about Science (one of Ts fav subjects) he then said 'yes i like science but they dont do experiments with potions!' how did i know again that he was going to have a dig about what they dont do in science at school.

I then went on to discuss about when i went to school and yes we did experiments but not until i was 11 and had started high school, T then replied 'well thats not for me, i want to do experiments now!' I then finished that discussion, nothing was going to comfort him about it and he has his own ideas set in stone in that head of his, talk about not mincing ur words!

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: At what cost?   10/3/2008, 4:41 am

Im pleased to hear that T is still going to school. Do u have a science set at home to do some experiments?

Take care xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At what cost?   10/3/2008, 4:55 am

No i dont misty, i have already checked it out and for the things T wants to do they are not suitable for children under 10, which is understandable and i guess thats why we did not do experiments until high school.

T wants to do mixing of potions and real advanced stuff, he is simply too young for it at the mo. He wants to invent things its a game console that is taking his fancy at the mo, he told the NHS SaLT this went we saw her last week. I think she was a bit shocked by the things he was saying and with such a serious expression.

With the right individual help T will prosper and thats why im fighting so hard to get his needs met.

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: At what cost?   10/3/2008, 11:59 am

Have you tried the safe stuff?

The only safe one I can think of is mixing bi carbonate of soda with malt vinegar......

....lovely frothy fun! Well, C loves it!

I've also seen kits (for kids of T's age) that show you how to make volcanoes and stuff.

I also bought her some Dig Up Your Own Dinosaur, which is a bunch of plastic bones encased in a block of plaster and then you have to chisel them out (making a lovely mess in the process) and put them together.

Fun and educational (and the bones glow in the dark!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At what cost?   

Back to top Go down

At what cost?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1