Fingers crossed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Fingers crossed!   22/2/2008, 4:00 pm

T has been saying for the last few weeks that he wants to be a scientist, a doctor or a chef when he grows up (he can't decide!) i said 'great!' BUT to be any of those things u need to go to school (im always slipping it in and dropping the school line!).

So of late he has just looked like he is thinking about it and has not got verbally angry about it. I have explained to T that he is very intelligent and he can achieve so much if he goes to school.

His dad told him he wants him to go to school, T said to dad 'my mum does too' and today he went to the school to see the head teacher with dad Smile when he came back (and after being to the park to play footy with dad) he said that the children were saying hello and waving at him, i said 'see children do like u'.

T said he will go to school on Monday! Smile

OK i know its only friday and it might be a different ball game when it comes to it but if i can keep up the positive's and really express that he cannot be what he wants to be when he is a big man unless he goes to school, i think we may get there Smile

I wont know what to do with myself! Im gonna relish every minute AND every second! I feel a massage coming on! yahoo

Then i have the fight of getting him the support while he is in there, along with the SaLT intervention he so desperately needs (i have been advised he would need around 5 hours a week with the difficulties he has).

I have recommendations noted within reports and how well we know things are just not as easy as that eh!

He sees the NHS SaLT on the 4th March, which cannot come quick enough!

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   22/2/2008, 4:56 pm

Bloody hell!! Watch this space!!! xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   23/2/2008, 2:25 pm

thumbup Thats brilliant Bambi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   25/2/2008, 2:58 am

T has gone to school! thumbup

Ok he refused breakfast and did say he didnt want to go when in the playground but he did. I have wrote an email to the school to let them know what is happening in Ts life along with the private therapy he is getting and i enclosed the reports i have had done.

I will be dreading what he is like after school and i will be anxious to see if he will return 2moro, we will see eh!

misty

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   25/2/2008, 4:39 am

thumbup let us know how he gets on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   25/2/2008, 10:24 am

How did it go? xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul

Number of posts : 578

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   25/2/2008, 11:31 am

The world (well, us few) needs to know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   25/2/2008, 1:04 pm

Ok guys u asked and i will splill! sorry for delay i have had guests round for a bday drink!

Myself, dad & social worker was there when he finished school, i could tell T was not in a happy mood but i doubt anyone else could tell! They said T had a great day and behaved well in class. Then when T got a gold star from the behavioural support worker he didnt seem anymore impressed! Dad asked him 'did u have a good day at school?' T replied 'look at my face, what does it look like?' Ts face was not happy! T failed to even look at Mrs *** and say good bye appropriately, he didnt even look at her or say goodbye (typical!).

I of course said did u have a good day at school, T told me 'no, i have had a bad day!' great i thought so i told him to tell dad and the SW, T replied 'no i only tell people who live in our house' well that told me!

All the way home T was screaming at me, demanding this and that and all the usual really, im sure u all know!

SW was meeting us back at home, when home T was still being very angry and was not in a great mood and thats an understatement!

SW tried to talk to T and he only got responses from him when the discussion was about footy (typical) T wanted to go play out and from nowhere his anger just escalated! he was screaming at me then hitting me and he tried to bite me, then he was shouting that he had a bad day and he was bullied by 2 kids (this is Ts perception of things, which i may add are not always correct!).

SW heard and saw it all, T was crying loads! and he went upstairs to slam his door repeatedly and then he came down and was slamming the front door repeatedly! then he threw his footy ball at the door and it progressed into T angrily throwing all the shoes off the shoe rack.

All during this T wanted to control of where i looked, what i said and where i should stand! I was pointing this all out to the SW while he was witnessing it all, SW was shouting to T to stop when he was trying to bite me and hit me but T being T wasnt acknowledging it!

The language that came out of Ts mouth was horrible! and then he was stressing about his friends, all he kept saying was that his friends should play what he wants to play which is footy and if not he would call them **** which was all the names under the sun!

I am pleased that the SW witnessed this, yet school say he was fine! grrrrrrrrrr i get so annoyed at all this crap and i told the SW this is what life is like when he has a bad day at school!

Will it be taken notice of? god knows!

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   25/2/2008, 2:38 pm

OMG! Poor you & T. I don't know what to say except I'm not surprised really. Well at least you got some of your birthday to yourself! Bless ya!! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   26/2/2008, 4:28 am

Drat! I missed your birthday! happy birthday

Please don't take this the wrong way, Bambi, but C is two totally different people when she is at school and when she isn't.

She frequently tells me that this happened at school and that happened at school and yet when I contact her TA for some kind of verification ('cos we can't believe everything they say, otherwise there would be a family of unicorns living in my loft, for a start! lol! ) it hasn't happened at all.

At my last meeting at school with the paed and TA (SENCO and CAHMS couldn't be arsed to turn up) they were visibly shocked to hear about her very violent and aggressive behaviour towards me, as she simply doesn't do that at school. She apparently saves it up for me. I am truely blessed What a Face

Could it be that T is doing something similar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   27/2/2008, 3:13 am

Yes i think u are exactly right mum2c, to get this recognized by professionals involved is again another battle and frequently it is seen as i am the problem, which is totally heartbreaking.

T has gone to school for his 3rd day now Smile and of course i have had his backlash at the end of the school day.

This morning i was in the playground and one of the children who is in Ts class and who also lives on our street approached me, she went on to say that she does not understand why R (a boy in their class) is bullying T. T told me about R bullying him on Monday when the SW was here to witness his meltdown due to his stresses about what happened within the school.

This girl who approached me is also on the school council (she helps with being a buddy for children who have difficulties and is a very sensible girl) she was aboviously concerned about this bullying hence why she told me about it.

T told me this morning before we left for school that this girl is his best friend in the whole of the class, bless him.

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   27/2/2008, 4:25 am

Fingers crossed T keeps it up! Bless him. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   27/2/2008, 9:43 am

How did he get on today hun? hugging Im hoping it will get abit easier every day, thinking of you xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   27/2/2008, 11:07 am

Much the same really misty.

I am seeing my solicitor tomorrow regarding her having a telephone conversation with the legal dept of the LEA today, will post tomorrow when i get the details.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingers crossed!   

Back to top Go down

Fingers crossed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1