View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: CAMHS meeting today   20/2/2008, 11:03 am

Hi guys

Well like i said i wasnt holding my breath!

They do not recognize PDA (or for a better word 'accept' PDA) Ts Paed & my solicitor are not suprised and know what the LA are about in regards to PDA so no suprise there! I told them it is a PDD but i could tell they were not interested. They said that the report from Nottingham is done from a different criteria to what they work from and this also goes for Elliot House. So basically they work from a different criteria and anything outside of that criteria does not get recognized due to it not being the same criteria they work from, all this crap is beyond me and i cant imgaine how many kids suffer for many years due to this fact Sad

Further in discussion i was told that a dx is not important, well that got my back up as u can imagine! i have been told for many years now that any help i require T would need a dx (as i was told in the last meeting at his school and by the education socail worker last week).

I am sick and tired of hearing 'but T does not have a confirmed dx' (my solicitor says he does but its just our LA wont accept it) and the fact he is school refusing is down to my parenting along with what the LEA suggested at that pathetic meeting, they told me they have never heard of that as its down to the needs of the child and not whether they have a dx or not, well they need to walk a month in my shoes and see how far they get when this is all u get told! wall bash

I told them what T was like and stated its nothing to what he is totally like as i cannot state all of Ts difficutlies in one appointment, they said they would be willing to work with T in regards to his difficutlies and help with stratergies if thats what i want and we will meet again in 2 wks for a follow on appointment to discuss this further.

I left them with copies of all my independent reports (4) all from different professionals and they all state the same thing!

T was in another room with a lady playing on a football table, he was happy and we could hear him being very vocal, when we went to get him the psych said her name but pronounced it wrong and T corrected him along with refusing to say good bye appropriately, T said 'whatever'. T also bragged to us when we left the building that he told the lady he was with that he had 10 girlfriends!

I couldnt give two hoots what people have to say, i know my son better than anyone and anyone in their right mind can tell something is amiss.

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: CAMHS meeting today   20/2/2008, 11:36 am

Aww bless ya. Big hugs & kisses. Stay strong cos eventually these people will have to admit the obvious. Thinking of you both. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: CAMHS meeting today   20/2/2008, 3:14 pm

Thnx Grandma I love you

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMHS meeting today   

Back to top Go down

CAMHS meeting today