View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Oh no.....   1/11/2007, 3:20 am

T is back to refusing school Sad

Mrs *** came this morning and T was all dressed ready for school, when we were ready for the off he ran to hide upstairs saying he isnt going to school.

He came back down and was getting all stressed about going to sch, telling Mrs *** she forces him to do the work and that he doesnt like school. T was being his usual violent towards me and he did throw a cushion off the settee at Mrs *** along with calling her a f***ing B**ch.

He said that he didnt want to play with the children at school, we were trying to use the fact that his friends would be at sch to encourage him to go but to no avail.

She told him she was disappointed that he isnt coming to school and that she had stuck to the deal that he didnt have to go into class, this again had no bearing on T.

She will be back again in the morn.

h

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   1/11/2007, 4:38 am

Awwww no bambi. T was doing really well aswell.

I wonder if something has happened while he was at school though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   1/11/2007, 5:10 am

Im sorry to hear that Bambi, Im hoping its a minor blip and he will be back tomorrow agree with Sarah something could have happened to unsettle him. Everything crossed for tomorrow xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   1/11/2007, 12:15 pm

Well Mrs *** said Wednesday was a better day than Tuesday for T, he has not stressed anything apart from what i have posted before. I just feel the pressure of attending the sch is too much for him.

We will be trying again in the morn but im not holding my breath Rolling Eyes

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   2/11/2007, 2:49 pm

Any luck today? xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   3/11/2007, 2:27 pm

T was willing to go to school Friday and was even saying he would go into class like Mrs *** said, so when Mrs *** came he said he would go into class and i was very pleased, i told T i am very proud of him (like i have done and always do), when leaving the house he stayed by the door and i had to coax him to come with us and he did. We got to the school and T was following line markings in the playground and being slow at going into school, we got the main entrance and T stopped then quick as a flash he ran off, i went running after him and so did Mrs ***. We found him hiding behind a bush within the school grounds, he was spitting and came from behind the bush saying he was ill and his tummy was hurting, so i said come into school and see how you feel, i held T's hand and he eventually came into school. Immediately T said he is not going into class and would like to go in to the library, Mrs *** told him thats fine and if he went in to class that would be fine and she would be there with him.

I came to pick T up at 3pm and the children were still in assembly (like every Friday at that time) Mrs *** came to tell me he had a fantastic day and he had been in class since after the first break, again i was very pleased and proud of T. Mrs *** explained that Friday is a nice fun sort of day and he had done some work in maths, T needed help in showing how he worked out a sum. T can work calculations out in his head VERY quick but does struggle with putting it down on paper as to how he came to the answer, i said this to Mrs *** and she said she did notice that aswel hence why she worked him to show on paper how he got the answer. I said that even though i know T is VERY competent when it comes to maths that when he will be sitting tests (ie SATS) he may not be as quick as the test times allocated and thats where he may need extra time and understanding that he isnt as quick with writing it down.

T is a very neat writer and can write very well but he is very slow, past reports and records & home education back in 2005 shows T is very slow when it comes to written work, Mrs *** said that there is no pressure to do all the work the children are set, so i made her aware that T came home from school (this was prior to his school refusal) VERY upset that he had been told off for not completing a peice of work that consisted of 2 sides of paper that he had to colour in. T's words were ' i coloured in one side and some of the other side but i couldn't finish it because i could not find the colour i needed for the picture, but the teacher still told me off ' Mrs *** didnt seem to think this would of happend as the children dont have to complete all of the work, all i was doing is making it aware that this is what happened and how this affected T for him to stress about it when at home with me.

Mrs *** said that she is going to try and aim for T to go into class everyday and she will be giving him choices but if he doesn't do something he needs to do he will miss out in doing something else and was this ok with me? i said yes this is fine with me and no problem, she said it is what she does with her son who has Autism and it is what another member of staff does with another pupil in the school who also has an ASD. I am all for help and strategies that will work with T, i have been asking and needing this for T ever since he has been in full time education, T's education is paramount to myself and more importantly to T who will need a good education to be able to prepare for the wider environment when he leaves the educational setting at 16 yrs of age.

h

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   4/11/2007, 5:20 am

You know bambi i would like to comment on T's maths coz my Son is exactly the same he is really fast at math in his head but when it comes to writing it down and even on SATS tests the results put him well below average.

We have told the teachers that at home he can do them really fast in his head but well she didnt seem to believe us the senko at school does though. I think it helps though the fact that the SENKO has a relative that has Autism aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   4/11/2007, 10:47 am

When I meet up with C's ASD support group at her school, this comes up time and time again...

It seems a lot of Autistic kids have this ability to mentally calculate but not be able to write it down.

Our school have actually listened to the parents (not sure how THAT happened! Smile, must have been an off day! ) of one little boy and he sits his SATS in a seperate room and answers the maths questions verbally. This way, his intelligence is correctly monitered AND his exam results actually mirror his ability.

Surely other schools can be as understanding of our children's abilities? Nobody is making the child appear MORE intelligent than he actually is, all they are doing is showing HOW intelligent he is....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
h

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   6/11/2007, 4:05 am

Well i'm gonna mention this at our Son's sen review see if they will let him do math in a different room so he can speak the answers and someone writes them down for him. Because that will defo make him above average. Apparantly the kids at school call him the human calculator hehe and he loves being called that i think its cute though Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh no.....   

Back to top Go down

Oh no.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Education-
Jump to: