T is in hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: T is in hospital   9/10/2007, 5:33 pm

T was admitted this eve and i have come back to get some sleep b4 going back up first thing in the morn.

He had a meltdown lasting 2 hours at home and 1 hour at the hospital, he hurt me real bad and i cant live like this anymore Sad I have managed to video on my fone a lot of what happened today and since last thurs when he was struggling to go to school.

Paed will be down first thing and we decide where we go from here but i do know i cant take anymore of the violence, he was using objects and he was not my child at that moment in time it was like he was possessed.He was self harming a lot and i had to stop him drawing his own blood Sad

It breaks my heart to see his mental health in such a state and we get no help from anyone, something really has to give b4 something terrible happens.

Spk asap and i will keep Grandma informed so she can update u all wen poss.

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   10/10/2007, 1:18 am

Im sorry to hear this Bambi, take care of yourself xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   10/10/2007, 1:33 am

Thinking of you and sending you lots of hugging hugging hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
h

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   10/10/2007, 2:45 am

Awwww Bambi thats not good you know where we are though huggsssss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul

Number of posts : 578

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   10/10/2007, 5:32 am

Bloody hell, I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope things get better for you (and him) but that's not 'normal' autistic behaviour. He must have some serious mental health issues.

Let me know how you get on, OK?

Thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   10/10/2007, 6:14 am

God what a nightmare for you both Sad

Let us know what happens. Thinking of you xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   10/10/2007, 8:22 am

I've just spoken to Bambi & T is being kept in hospital for a couple of days so they can keep an eye on him as they have upped his medication.

When he calmed down he told Bambi that he can't help it cos it's in his head & he knows why he is in hospital. Bless them both. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   12/10/2007, 1:06 pm

Awww thnx for ur kind words guys I love you

Well we are home now and we had an emergency meeting 2day but social services didnt turn up Sad now Ts Paed is on hol for 2 wks and wont be contactable, Paed has been on hol since thursday but has been doing what he can for T, like attending this meeting today & coming to the ward to see T.

The meeting was quite productive and the head master is willing to work with me and get a member of staff (behavioural support worker) to come to our home to see if that can help with getting him there.

HT said that he realises T needs immediate help with getting to sch and even if he isnt showing distress in sch it may still happen that his behaviour does deteriorate in sch as he has only been there 7 days in total, so we need to be aware of everything and work with me Smile

He assured me that an IEP will be set up and we will arrange on monday for me to meet with his teacher to do it, then he wants the behavioural support worker to build a close relationship with him so he can open up and talk to her about his anxieties or any other problems within sch. This lady has a child with an ASD and she assured me by saying dont worry i know what its like and she will help all she can, telling me to make sure i warn T that she will be coming to the house monday morning to walk with us to sch Smile

He said he was aware that T had no friendships yet (T told the staff this last wednesday) so he said work will be needed in helping with that, he explained he has worked in special sch b4 and has a lot of background in the special needs field. He said he will be very open minded about what my ex area have said and will make his own judgement with how T has been at his sch.

I was very impressed with how the HT is willing to make an effort like this because T has no funding for a 1-1 in the sch let alone doing all this! which he told me about when i enrolled T, it seems they r willing to do all they can now that things r already starting to go wrong with T just attending.

SS will get a copy of the minutes and then we can go onwards with getting the assessment which i know will take 6 months from start to finish but with the sch having to implement such help it clearly shows T will (i hope!) eventually get his statement.

Gosh im knackered! i havent slept well all wk and finally getting a sch working with me and helping is a real bonus

Smile

T is T and his med increase i think is helping, he needs helping coping with all the simple things in everyday life. When Paed is back we then we will need to move on with SS involvement and get the help they need to be giving us not going down the line my ex area did!

T is pretty chill at the mo and being very calm, even tho leaving the hospital was very much done in Ts style Rolling Eyes

Thnx for being there guys i really appreciate it, i know u all understand and to me that is precious Wink

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   12/10/2007, 1:13 pm

That all sounds really positive Smile please let us know how it all goes. It could be worth talking to school about setting up a small circle of friends for T, take care xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   12/10/2007, 2:36 pm

I sure will hun :-)

h

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   13/10/2007, 2:24 am

yea that is good news bambi its about time they started helping you properly Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   14/10/2007, 3:27 am

Awww, Bambi you and T have been through the mill, haven't you?

I do hope that this gets resolved for both you and T (although I know it will take time) and I am thinking of you both.

Stay strong.... hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul

Number of posts : 578

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   14/10/2007, 6:29 am

Look after yourself, OK? I hope things get better for you. Hang in there for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   14/10/2007, 1:48 pm

Thnx guys I love you

Well we went to rugby today and watched a friends son play (we go every sunday morning) T behaved ever so well (he didnt at the last game) then we went to my friends for dinner but as the day was going on he was becoming more stressed. He demanded we leave my friends at 4pm as we have to get back for him to play out with his friends.

So we left at 4pm and off he went to play, then when time to come in he got all upset and did his usual at me, i realise T isnt coping with many demands i put on him and he wants total control. His friends are always telling him 'listen to ur mum T, i would' which is good because they are showing him what is right & acceptable, whether it sticks one day is another story!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T is in hospital   

Back to top Go down

T is in hospital
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1