I wish....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: I wish....   10/9/2007, 11:12 am

....that she would stop hitting me Crying

Today we got to school at the wrong time and the other children hadn't gone in yet, so Charlotte thought it would be OK to run around all over the place. Mean old me wouldn't let her; so she starts lumping me one with her book bag. I had to steer her inside to take her mind off it.

I try really hard every day to get her to school late so this doesn't happen, but I've been warned that she isn't allowed to come in too late, so what do I do?

We cannot get there on time as she simply runs away and it takes even longer to get her in the classroom and she's even later than if we left home late! It's not the running away that bothers me (i'm too used to it!), it's the beating I get from her all the way to her classroom. Plus the fact that we don't have time to make friends again (her words) afterwards...

I thought that if I gave her something to carry it would help, but it's just a weapon! Never viewed a nylon book bag as offensive before!

Oh, well....maybe tomorrow will be better. Or raining. Rainy days are great days as she cannot run with her (pink) umbrella and she won't put it down because she loves it too much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   10/9/2007, 12:11 pm

I'm really sorry about her hitting you, have you tried speaking to the school about the issues you have with her when you arrive too early? if the don't like that idea do it anyway as at the end of the day it's you that suffers when she kicks off. Being a few minutes late for school is not in any way shape or form goingto affect her education as the first few minutes is registration time.
Hope this helps x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   10/9/2007, 12:28 pm

Yeah sorry to hear about her attacks on you - must not be fun at all. If she's a few minutes late where's the harm? Better that than her kicking lumps out of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   10/9/2007, 1:47 pm

Totally agree with all the above! You tell them you will be bringing her in a few minutes late every day! Don't ask! Tell!! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   10/9/2007, 2:20 pm

i know exactly where u are coming from mum2c hugging

When T was going through the times of not even attending school i was told he was better late than never by the EWO but before that the school were not pleased with him being late. I didnt give 2 hoots if T was late, it showed that there were problems but not that anyone cared! Sad

I would suggest u get in touch with an EWO and tell her/him of ur concerns and that u need it recognised that this is how its going to be, cover urself and they cant touch ya!

Always let ur GP know of difficulties that are effecting school hours, i did when T was refusing to go and my GP spoke with the EWO on the phone in the end, again not that anyone took any notice BUT it covers urself so they cant throw anything back in ur face that no-one was aware Wink

I have Paul's Mum to thank 4 my advice to u Smile we live & learn everyday hun Wink

I do hope things get better with the hitting & try to stay strong, i know easier said than done!

hugging

Last edited by on 10/9/2007, 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   10/9/2007, 2:25 pm

hugging I agree with everyone else hun, I think you need to speak to the staff again and come to a compromise, she either goes in early (as soon as u arrive) or she can go in a few mins late. Im sure in the long run they will find it better for themselves aswell as C wont be getting into school in a bad mood. xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   11/9/2007, 3:45 am

Awww, thanks everyone I love you

Bambi, what is an EWO (I'm guessing Education Welfare Officer??) and where do I find one?

If she misses registration then it's a black mark against her (and me), so we try really hard not to miss it, but they say that the children enter school at 8.35am so that is when we leave home (we live next door so it isn't exactly a long walk!) but sometimes they don't get in until 8.45am which means C is tearing about all over the place!

There's no point talking to the SENCO......Chocolate hammer springs to mind! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   11/9/2007, 6:29 am

Yep Education Welfare Officer mum2c, u can ask the school for the contact for ur area or contact the LEA themselves.

Good luck hun and in my experience and today's events i have no faith in anyone but those who love myself & T, they will never ever let us down but them with the powers that be will Sad

Lolly

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   11/9/2007, 6:33 am

I really feel for you when your little one hits you.I get hit by my son&it really hurts,i get called mean too:(
well I got a suprise CAMHS rang yesterday&we have an appointment at 3.30 today!!
I hope you go on ok with your litle one
hug
lolly xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wish....   

Back to top Go down

I wish....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Support and Advice-
Jump to: