Share | 

what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lolly

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   22/8/2007, 12:26 pm

well J is on the waiting list for CAMHS.I got a letter saying if the situation becomes more urgent to ring them,so I DID,
J has been jumping out of bedroom windows,running away,being violent towards his little brother and me,also messing with a friends lighter as he wants to burn the house down!
I told CAMHS this on 2nd aug&they told me hes at the top of the waiting list&can expect to be seen end of aug/beg sept&I would be hearing from them very shortly..
well I rang again last week&was told "sorry but theres far more urgent cases than j's,theres a waiting list,the team have looked at his assesment&decided to leave him where he is for now&I dont know why you were told aug/sep!!ranting
at that point I broke down in tears&told them everything,including him not sleeping till gone midnight,they told me that its not urgent and to get a letter from my doctor,I asked what is urgent? when he really hurts someone?or do I ring u back next week to tell you hes seriously hurt OR WORSE from jumping out of windows!?!
today we went back to the doctor with my dad,J didnt sit still,he threw DR's stool around,wrapped himself up in the curtain*examined himself* told the doctor he was f***g tight&mean,jumped off the chair&legged it from the room(my dad went after him)
before I had said anything the Dr took one look at him& said Im putting him thru as URGENT,I cried&told him about j's worsening behaviour&that Ive done my parenting scales from SS and they came back brill,its not my parenting its my dear son,doc said dont worry,Im marking it urgent&he shud be seen in the next couple of weeks,at that point dad brought J back into the room who then said to the doctor"BYE PAEDOPHILE" oh dear
I apologised as DR stiffled a snigger&said"dont worry its how he is and im onto it now"
Thankyou DR for listening/understanding¬ judging
I know there are people more in need than me&I feel bad like Im moaning etc but I really cant go on like this,nor shud J or his brother HAVE to!cursing
anyways,hope all you are ok,my love&hugs to you all xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   22/8/2007, 1:33 pm

Aw, Lolly hug hug

Personally I have found CAHMS to be nothing but a waste of time, space and energy!

They are completely unable to find their ar*es without SatNav, and when they do manage it, they have no idea what to do when they get there! Still, that is only MY experience! They can't all be as cr*p as mine!

Big cheers to your GP yahoo who seems to know which way is up.

Hang on in there, Lolly. You never know, that light at the end of the tunnel might be closer than it looks! hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
€§å®åh€

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   23/8/2007, 2:33 am

We saw a child psychiatrist through the cahms team we wanted a diagnosis for our son and well he turned round and said after seeing him two times that my son has autistic behaviours but thats all. He said my sons obsessions dont run his life hmm yea sure thats why we have about 20 clocks round our house.

Anyways i agree with M2C cahms are a waste of time space and energy.

At least you have a really understanding gp though Lolly.

huggsss I hope it all turns out ok for you though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   23/8/2007, 11:32 am

thankyou so much,at least others understand..even if CAMHS DONT!XXXX:hug:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   23/8/2007, 11:53 am

Sending you lots of these hugging

Bless ya! Hang on in there & keep a high profile with anyone that can help you. Stay strong for your family. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   24/8/2007, 7:50 am

thanks GrandamKyak sending u these back:hugging: xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   28/8/2007, 2:26 am

well it was Js birthday yest&he was awful all day,from the minute he got up he promised to be really really good,it lasted 10 mins!
before long he was climbing the lampost outside,swearing,shouting,running around,this went on all day&when I took his tent in me hit me really hard on my back with the swingball box&carried on swearing.well that was it i burst into tears as he carried on and on,he got so bad I took him to A&E with my mum ,were an on call doctor saw him,he was messing in the wheelchairs,pressing buttons,running around the hospital,callin the nurses c*k*s and *paed******s,running the taps,spitting,
it was awful.
well the doctor said theres no nite chemist were I am or he would of given him a prescription there and then,
he made phone calls to see if another hospital could assess him,
in the end he sent his details to my doctors and to CAMHS saying URGENT to be seen in the next couple of days and said i would be getting Risperidone for him when I went to the docs this morning, as they would have his details by 8:30...
well off we tootles this morning at 8:30 with dad&guess what,the systems are down
,so his letter hasnt been retrieved yet:ranting: gotta ring back later!!
well hope you all had a nice weekend
Lolly xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   28/8/2007, 6:03 am

Keep your chin up cos at least something is happening & hopefully things will move on quicker now. Thinking of you & your family. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   28/8/2007, 9:40 am

hug hug Thinking of you....I hope it all gets sorted out PDQ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   29/8/2007, 3:33 am

THANKS U GUYS! well J was given diazepam yest just to see him thru till we get to cams& also see a consultant,Ive not to give him any 24 hrs before we do see them as the doctor said he wants them to see him *how he is* (after the display in the doctors yesterday!)
well he had his tablet at 9pm&was flagging by 9:45,then he got second wind,was dancing&had supper&hooverd his bedroom!
well he seems calmer today...so far!
hugs to all you peeps to xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   30/8/2007, 7:32 am

Bless u Lolly u really have had a time of it and i can totally relate!

I hope things are calmer now and i have found this info on Diazepam: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000757.html

T was like this until he was given Risperidone so that he could cope with life on a daily basis. The dose he started on was not enough as he was admitted to hospital for being a danger to himself & others, the dose he is on now is 0.3 in the morn and 0.4 in the eve, they are tiny amounts (this drug is not registered in the UK for children under the age of 15) but its amazing what a difference this med has made to our lives! We now live our life and not just exist!

Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   31/8/2007, 3:10 am

thanks Bambi.yep my doc mentioned about risperidone not being registered&cudnt understand why the out of hours doc suggested that but was against diazepam!
well tonight will be j's 5th night on 2mg diazepam,doctor hoped it would have a knock on effect taken every bedtime,I might aswell be giving him a Tic-tac!
i dont want to stop giving him them if they are gonna work, yet i dont want him having them if they having no effect
gonna check out th netdoctor
thanks Bambi:hug:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   31/8/2007, 4:47 am

As with all meds it take a little time to full see the results, I would give it a month and if you have'nt seen any results the ask the doctor what your optios are next x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   31/8/2007, 7:53 am

THANKS Kebab:)
im hoping to have his CAMHS apt in the next couple of weeks as doctor has marked him urgent
fingers crossed!
lolly xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   31/8/2007, 7:57 am

Crossing everything for ya hun!

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   31/8/2007, 11:55 am

Hope you get the appointment soon, take care xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   1/9/2007, 11:08 am

thanks again you guys
lolly xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   20/10/2007, 8:17 am

hi everyone,sorry Ive not been around,but hope you are all well hug
well j has been seen by CAMS, had his computer test and a school observation,now just waiting for a diagnosis.I was told i can put in a claim for for DLA even without a diagnosis,i have done but feel guilty,the lady at the benefits office said i can claim as he is having the problems now.
well if we get a diagnosis of ADHD and ODD then hopefully he will be offered medication so my dear son can return to school full time instead of just part time!
well must fly love and hugs to you all and il try get back soon
xxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolly

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   22/2/2008, 9:29 am

Hi all,sorry I not been around,my puter been playing up,it turns on as&when it wants(like a man I suppose lol):0)) just to let you know,all is fine,finally got a dx for my son,he has ADHD and is now on methylphenidate,hes also back at school full time,today he won an award for*lunch time superstar* which was a £10 woolies voucher.its been a rollercoaster journey over the past few months,with camhs apts,reviews,medication,school meetings etc.not to mention my microwave toaster&washer all blowing up within wks of each other:(
anyways,ive not been around but you all havent been far from my thoughts and heart&i hope you all ok and well
love lolly xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   22/2/2008, 10:16 am

Bless ya! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   22/2/2008, 1:35 pm

Im so pleased u now have a dx Lolly Smile and even more pleased that he is doing so well! thumbup

Were fine hun and i was thinking about u a lot lately thats why i had to email u just to make sure u are all well Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!   

Back to top Go down

what do C.A.M.H.S call urgent??!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1