View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: SALT assessment today!   7/7/2007, 1:53 am

Hi guys

Well today is the day for Ts private SALT assessment, she is coming at 1.30pm and she has his report from Nottingham so she is aware of the things she will need to do with him in regards to his difficulties.

She will forward a detailed report on to me in due course and it can only but help my corner.

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: SALT assessment today!   7/7/2007, 2:19 pm

Hope it went well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: SALT assessment today!   7/7/2007, 5:07 pm

Fingers crossed!! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SALT assessment today!   8/7/2007, 3:38 am

Yes it went very well thanx Smile T was on her like a rash as soon as she came (he wanted her to play schools with him, he is doing this every day when we get home from school!) when my sis came on Fri eve he was on her straight away too wanting to play schools, my sis thought he mite be sick of it. Not when it comes to T and his role playing , he would do it 24-7 if he could! Rolling Eyes

Ok she was quite suprised how the demands she put on him (when she could) he would only co-operate really while in role play (does anyones else's child role play to this extent?) She feels that he has language, he can say a sentence and he can understand but his whole perception of social communication is not how it should be.

She asked what is he like when i ask him about school? I told her he can get angry and sometimes violent demanding i dont ask him anything. She said but if he was in role play he would probably be more co-operative and i totally agree! She said that his role play cant be the be all and end all to get by with communicating because that isnt the 'real' world when it comes to communicating and life for me must be very hard, i agreed again!

I was not present while she did her stuff with T (i was doing great stuff like putting my washing away upstairs!) She also picked up his obsessions Dr Who etc who he would bring into his role playing even tho he was the teacher of a class aswel! Thats my T!

T swore and hit me several times (when she had finished and wanted to speak to me) he wasnt happy that his role play and demands were not being met by her, so i got it and how typical is that!

She was lovely and VERY understanding, she has 15 yrs experience of working with kids on the spectrum and she pointed out to me they are ALL different, how very ture!

I will have her report within 5-7 days and she said she would love to keep in touch as she found T a very interesting child, i know he made an impression because T makes an impression on a lot of people and he does baffle professionals with his complex difficulties.

It was worth every penny and i look forward to reading her report Smile

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: SALT assessment today!   8/7/2007, 4:32 am

How fantastic to actually have someone see what we can all see! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SALT assessment today!   13/7/2007, 8:35 am

Your telling me Grandma! She has done the report and she spoke with Ts teacher aswel as Nottingham and is sending her report to Nottingham and Ts Paed (what a lovely lady).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SALT assessment today!   

Back to top Go down

SALT assessment today!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1