BCG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: BCG   4/7/2007, 6:34 am

Hello chums!

Just a quickie.....Charlotte has an appointment for her BCG in a couple of weeks affraid

Isn't it a bit early??? I had mine in secondary school, she's still in Reception!! confused

Has anyone been there and done that with your children?

I confess to being very worried about it, as I reacted very badly to it when I had mine done, and this is really going to freak her out.
she is frightened of doctors and we have to go to a different Health Centre from our usual one which is really going to upset her, plus the fact that I can't warn her (like I usually do) as she will worry about it and make herself ill. Crying

Any chance I can postpone it until she's a bit bigger??

Please help, I've got so much unhappiness going on in my life right now and I've blown this out of proportion, I know but I can't help but remember how bad my own experience was and I won't let my baby have that...... Crying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: BCG   4/7/2007, 6:54 am

hugging I havent heard of it being ofered to children so young before, dd is 9 and hasnt had an appointment yet. Its completely up to you when and if your child has any kind of vacination hugging if you want to wait untill she is older you are well within your rights to do that. Dd hasnt had her pre school boosters, mainly because she had a serious illness as a toddler and at the time we thought vacs would be to much for her system to cope with on top of the illness and possibly lead to even more of a regression. Take care hun hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: BCG   4/7/2007, 12:30 pm

I posted the same question on the BBC "Your kids" board, and have read of tiny babies having it done!

I am going to exercise the right that I didn't know I had until you answered Misty!

She WILL have the BCG, but not until she is older.

I want her to have the Mantoux test (the skin test on the forearm) first, to make sure she warrants the jab in the first place, and they won't test until she's six. So why are they vaccinating in the first place???

Thanks Misty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: BCG   4/7/2007, 2:01 pm

Sorry hun i have no advice as such but i did find this:

http://www.travelhealth.co.uk/diseases/bcg.htm

Interesting reading.....

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: BCG   4/7/2007, 2:31 pm

I'd already decided not to vaccinate at the moment, as they seem to be basing their need on the fact that her father is South African!!!! Odd really, I mean it's not as if he's suddenly become South African, he was when she was born.....!

She has not had the Heaf/Mantoux test, and the website that you posted clearly says that the skin tests MUST be done. If we are in a high risk area then why have I not been told? She's more likely to break her own neck than to catch TB!!

Thanks for your words ladies....much appreciated love heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BCG   

Back to top Go down

BCG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Medical and Health-
Jump to: