T starts school on Tuesday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 11:25 am

Ok guys i know its quick but u know what i need school to start witnessing Ts difficulties asap.

I called the head of the school and spoke about T starting and he asked me when do i want him to start and i said Tuesday, so on Monday i need to go in and sign admission forms and buy his school uniform. T will be shown his classroom while i have a discussion with the Head and SENCO, heres hoping it goes well and T is looking forward to it, he says he wont be doing work he will be playing football (like he did when i went for a meeting there Rolling Eyes) oh the shock when he realises he wont be doing just that!

I have sat down with T and i have told him if anything upsets him he MUST tell the teacher and i will be doing my own home/school diary book that will be in his book bag at all times and i will be expecting the teacher to fill it in. I need to know good & bad points (if there are any) and this way we can communicate without it being discussed in front of T.

I will be phoning the social worker on Monday to inform her and the help for T to get to school cant really be set up until his sessional worker is back from annual leave which is 2nd July (bringing a new face in the equation wont help matters when T is only used to her). So i will get T there myself but it will all be logged in the home school diary how this goes (again more evidence of transitions).

Me & T are going into town in the morn (i know but my sis & bro are not about) to get him some new school trousers, he doesnt need anything else because i am getting everything else from the school on Monday.

Also i am sorting T starting a local golf club and he has picked out his golf set from in the Argos mag, bless him. I am speaking with the Junior trainer at the golf club 2moro and T is well excited, i think this sport activity will suit him and he is VERY keen to play golf.

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 1:01 pm

Hope school goes well for both of you, and let us know when T is playing in the Ryder Cup!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 1:25 pm

Oh wow thats rather sudden, have you got any kind of support in place for him? Good luck, hope it goes well. He should have a chat with hubs about golf, hes away at the moment on a golf trip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 2:33 pm

Blimey, that was quick!

Great news though, for you and T.

What a great idea to play golf.... thumbup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 2:45 pm

Yep very quick, T is keen since we were there a few wks ago and i need things to start moving which they will once he is in school.

The SENCO will work closely with me and the support T needs will be sorted and once he starts Juniors in Sept all will be set in stone. Once he is in Juniors, Yr 3 (Sept) thats when the harder work starts and i have no doubt his problems will be more evident then.

PS marshmallow T has chose the Ryder Junior Golf set!!! U reckon that might be a sign?! Laughing

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 4:18 pm

Bloody hell!! I'm gobsmacked!! I can't keep track with you when you get on a mission it's like a whirlwind!!! God help us the day you step into government!! You've tired me out!! Going for a wine I think!! Cheers!! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 4:24 pm

Laughing Ive tired myself out! lol!

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: T starts school on Tuesday   15/6/2007, 4:26 pm