Share | 

smearing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: smearing   9/6/2007, 2:51 pm

Just need to let off steam Sad dd hasnt smeared for 2 weeks, then tonight just as I had bought her a new duvet set she did it again, all over herself and the bed (think she wanted to christen it). Do anyone elses kids do this? dd has done this for several years now, over that time Ive tried every trick in the book, ignoring it and trying to stay calm whilst cleaning her, telling her off, using a social story, she always goes back to doing it. Im supposed to be avoiding conversation and keeping calm at the mo, I admit I was calmer than last time when I think I turned into a psycho woman (once dd was safely back in her room) I went into cleanliness overdrive and got very distressed) today I got upset but not to the extent of last time. I dont think she will ever stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: smearing   9/6/2007, 3:03 pm

Im sorry ur having to cope with this hun and unfortunately i dont have any advice for u here Sad T gets poo on himself and on his bedding and other stuff but he doesnt play with it (smearing) and he has done a poo on the floor but not handle it. He just doesnt realise he has done wrong or its that big a deal, who knows?! he will tho however stand and wet himself quite a lot and wet his bed at night.

This does my head in as i have to stil think about taking spare pants and bottoms when we go anywhere and them days are meant to be when we have toddlers! In all honesty T has a lot of toddler behaviours and we can only hope and pray things get better Smile

Can u spk with SS about this when u see them? say this is why u need and OT for dd, u need a lot more support than u are getting at present IMO hug

misty

PostSubject: Re: smearing   9/6/2007, 3:15 pm

Thanks Bambi, we have spoken to the community nurse about this who is lovely and suggested somethings but its things we have tried before, Im trying the calm approach again as its what Ive been advised but Ive been down this route many times before. Also been suggested I shower her instead of bath but I need to contain her in one place, also if I shower her it would spread even further, its not just a little poo she really goes to town spreading it all over herself and the only way I can get it off is warm soapy water and a soak. Sorry if this post has made anyone feel ill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: smearing   9/6/2007, 4:56 pm

Bless you both. Big hugs. Stay calm. xx hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donna K

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: smearing   25/6/2007, 3:54 am

Sad It must be awful Sad

A has when he was younger, smeared on his bedroom walls, but not done so for a very long time, but when he poo in his nappy, he has had his hand down and wiped it on himself and anything nearby. He has not done this recently though or to the extent you have explained, so I'm sorry I can't really offer any good advice, but you're right to use the bath because it's surprising how it sticks! Plus they still seem to smell of it if you only use the shower, even when you have soaped them up.

He has a potty in his room now ans usually will poo in that of he needs to go during the night, but he still wears pull ups for bed because he still wets every night and sometimes it leaks through, usually he will wet the pull up and use the potty, so he is getting there, I hope Smile A is 5 now Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

PostSubject: Re: smearing   25/6/2007, 2:05 pm

Thats brillant that he will get up to use the potty for a poo thumbup This really is the worst behaviour she has, the hardest to cope with anyway. Dd is 9 now and we are still battling on with toileting during the day aswell, hopefully one day she will be finally dry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donna K

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: smearing   25/6/2007, 2:25 pm

i am surprised he bothers to use the potty TBH, he never used to be bothered about the feel and smell of the poo on him until it came to wiping it off and cleaning him, then all hell broke loose affraid He has on the odd occasion played with the contents of his potty though Rolling Eyes He's not so bad in the day, he will have the odd accident and often dribbles in his school pants. He doesn't feel it, yet once he sees it that's it, they're off LOL.

I find toileting a funny thing, my eldest seemed to want to try, then showed fear which seemed to hinder, then there was loads of accidents for a while until she finally managed to be dry enough for us to venture out without a nappy, then stopped bed wetting. For A it seems to be dragging. With the youngest, she just used to keep making gestures to the potty before she was 2 and it wasn't long before she braved it, so we bought her her own but she wasn't too sure at first, then she was fine, apart from the odd accident if she was sleepy, and on long car journeys, so we used pull ups for that. She is still however in night time nappies, but that's partly our fault because since moving here we've not managed to sort the bedroms out yet so she's in the cot in our room Embarassed Embarassed Once she has her own room, she wil have the potty as I found it made it easier than trying to get to the toilet in time during the night harder at first for the eldest Smile

It must be a nightmare for this to be still happening to this extent for you, I know I found it awful on the odd occasion I got A out of bed covered in it, but the bigger they are, the harder they are to keep still and clean them Sad I couldn't stand the smell of filled nappies when I was havong A, they made me physically sick so I hate to imagine how you feel Sad I kinda feel silly going on about A still wetting at 5 when you have this to deal with! Sad It must be really hard fo you hugging hugging hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: smearing   

Back to top Go down

smearing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: General discussions-
Jump to: