Share | 

Dancing Queen!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 10:48 am

Charlotte has loved music ever since she was tiny and can't hear it without dancing about or tapping her feet when we're in the car. She doesn't even realise she's doing it most of the time! (I blame her maternal aunt for this as she's a dancer, but they never see one another, which is a real shame as I'm sure they'd get on..... Sad )

Anyway.....does anyone else have a Dancing Queen or even a Lord of the Dance?

I am currenly searching for a dance school for her to attend as it would be cruel not to let her dance, and I'd love her to do it properly. I reckon the routine and dedication would be good for her, as she is a slave to routine! (Sound familiar??!! Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gorgeousmarshall

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Hello everyone   8/6/2007, 12:27 pm

Thankyou mum2charlotte for introducing me to this site.Having a rough day today.Marshall didn't want to go into school again.I had to drag him in and hand him over to two teachers kicking screaming punching as they were restraining him once again!It breaks my heart leaving him there as I know he is not happy there.My heads in the shed totally,even lost ten pounds today somewhere and thats definately not me Very Happy .I just feel so helpless and useless I cant seem to do right for doing wrong.Just don't know which way to turn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 1:13 pm

Sounds like you need to go to the doctor & get Marshall off school for a while until you can sort something else out for him. For him to fight against school so bad then some drastic action needs to be taken before you both break down. This school cannot be the right one for him if it is so distressing for him to go. You can't carry on like this day in & day out so my advice is go to see your doctor & look for a school that can meet your sons' needs. Good Luck & lots of hugs on there way to you. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 1:14 pm

Aww bless Charlotte! cloud9

Well funny u should say this mum2c i have always wanted T to go to stage school (which was when we lived in bedford and we moved b4 the starting age of 6 yrs). This stage school consisted of once a week on a saturday and for 3 hours in total. 1 hour is drama, 1 hour singing and 1 hour dancing and i think this would suit T down to the ground! unfortunately nothing like that here Sad

I would tho suggest going through ur local yellow pages or even google if there is anything for her to do in ur area. My friends daughters go Ballet every saturday and they really enjoy it.

You get her into dancing hun and let her prosper! why not? i think our kids can go far regardless of their difficulties Very Happy

Last edited by on 8/6/2007, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 1:29 pm

Oh the dance classes sound that a brilliant idea thumbup would love to do something like for dd but she would really struggle to understand the instructions, either that or she would be running round causing chaos (she would need one-one to understand what was expected and to keep her from running from the room) and even then no guarantee she would do it. Im sorry I just get really down that she carnt join in activities like this (apart from at school where everyone understands) though Im am celebrating that she just did a poo in the toilet then said "bye bye poo poo" We are taking her to see the Wiggles on Sunday, she absolutely loves them and we have front row seats, tho I know she will want to get up and dance around she will need to either be held onto or kept within reach because she will disapear if not and wont come back when called Sad wow sorry for the long moan. Welcome gorgous marshall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 2:22 pm

You're welcome gorgeousmarshall!

I agree with Grandmakyak (she talks heap big sense!) about the school, if he's that distressed first thing then what kind of day is he having?? Roll on the 26th, the sooner you get some real concrete assessment and diagnosis the better you can stand up and fight for him. If you ever need advice on that, then this is the place to be, I've never met a feistier bunch of parents! Very Happy

Misty, I know how you feel! I have tried before her diagnosis with ballet lessons and she spent the whole time charging round the room being a total pain and making me want to curl up and die! She simply couldn't cope with it, but I didn't know that then. I just thought the discipline would help my naughty girl....Gotta love hindsight, although I do feel kinda guilty now that I realise she can't help it.

Well, I've emailed a local dance school and told them about Charlotte and how she needs 1:1 support (at least to start with) so the balls with them. They are meant to be inclusive as they are a school, so we'll see what they say....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 3:02 pm

Smile Hope they get back to you soon, looking forward to hearing how she gets on thumbup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 3:05 pm

Royal School of Ballet here we come! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma37

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 3:18 pm

mum2charlotte, dd and ds both love to dance. DS is not so interested now but DD loves Angellina Ballerina and dances along. She loves the music channels when her big sis's are watching them and she will be found leaping around the front room. I have found her a ballet class and had a good chat with teacher, explained DD's needs and she was really positive DD would have a wail of a time. Meant to start her in April but things happened and stopped it, doh i will get her there though through hell or high water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma37

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   8/6/2007, 3:23 pm

gorgeousmarshall, I have been having the same probs with DS. I have taken the step of visiting another school. DS has a GPs appointment on Monday and I will get him signed off so we have a couple of weeks to sort him out before he starts. The school seems fab. The school is really geared for children with special needs, maybe there is a god. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing Queen!   

Back to top Go down

Dancing Queen!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1