Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!   23/5/2007, 4:42 am

I applied for it online when i got the DLA awarded, so i called them this morn and it has been awarded! yahoo

So due to applying online it said they can only accept claims for upto 3 months, anyway i did it for that so when i spoke with the advisor today he said it does prompt that but u should be able to request it being backdated to when DLA for T (13 Nov 06). He said that it is standard for applications to be backdated for upto 3 months but in my situation this wouldnt apply. So he spoke with his boss and called me back to advise me to claim again from when T was awarded DLA.

So i have applied again online (so much faster and quicker) and i called the advisor back to inform him i have done it and how comfusing the wording is in regards to the 'upto 3 months' bit of the application is. He understood and he didnt see why i couldnt get it backdated to Nov, so here hoping it does! pray

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!   23/5/2007, 5:35 am

I got mine backdated for over 3 months I'm sure.....

Even when they'd finished mucking about with the Income Support side of things I still had a very healthy amount of money in the bank account.

Really must go and find out about child tax credits.... doh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!   23/5/2007, 5:57 am

hooray brilliant, everything crossed they back date it for you xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!   23/5/2007, 7:14 am

Yes u should mum2c! i got the disabled element sorted with child tax now, how do u think i can afford to go to the caribbean?! Very Happy

My DLA award paid for our hol 2 disneyland (VERY expensive!) and i paid my sis back for the bond on this house am renting, so that was all gone within the first week of getting it! Shocked still need spends on top of that so it doesnt go that far but hey we are having a dream hol and its for my boys, so thats what matters Smile

Hopefully they will backdate to Nov 06 misty, i should hope so when they can see the facts, the advisor saw on his screen that T was awarded DLA from 13 Nov 06 and he said himself he didnt see why i should not get it backdate to then instead of 2nd Feb 07, which is how it stands at the mo.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!   

Back to top Go down

Been awarded Carers Allowance!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1