Share | 

Does anyone's child have a pet ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kellie B.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Does anyone's child have a pet ?   14/5/2007, 10:26 am

Being a dog and cat groomer, and just an animal person in general, we have always had one or more dogs around. We now have 3 dogs and 2 cats. We have a little dog, a Brussels Griffon, that we got when Jack was 6 years old. I got the little guy for myself, but he attached himself to Jack almost right away, and still sleeps on Jack's pillow at night. I think he helped Jack in a positive way, by just being there for him when he was sad, or had a bad day at school, etc. By observing my son and how he relates to this little dog, and also to our other pets, I think that he feels very comforted by them, because they don't demand anything of him, and they love and accept him the way he is. We have an American Staffordshire Terrier who is in training to be a Therapy Dog. The little Brussels Griffon is now 13 years old, and almost blind, but he is still devoted to Jack. The dog is in good health, but I know Jack will be devastated when he passes away. I think that Jack's remarkable improvement is due in part to all our pets in general, and to this little dog in particular. love heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone's child have a pet ?   14/5/2007, 12:19 pm

I have a cat and a pomeranian dog, and i know they sence when i'm upsett as at the moment they are always cuddling me and giving me affection (more than normal), they don't know whats wrong with me, but even in my darkest times they bring light to my life, I would never be without an animal again Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone's child have a pet ?   14/5/2007, 1:21 pm

I have a 10 year old cat (see avatar!) who Charlotte adores! We also have two hamsters called Chalk and Cheese (C's decision to name them that, and it's very fitting) and a goldfish called Seahorse. Yes, you guessed it, she named that too!

I would love to get a dog, but my landlord wouldn't approve and my cat would defect to the neighbours!

I firmly believe that animals are a very real help to us when we feel "wrong" for whatever reason. I couldn't live without either a dog or a cat in my life....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone's child have a pet ?   14/5/2007, 4:14 pm

Has anyone seen the drama 'After Thomas'? what a great drama (saw a lot of ts behaviour in the little boy) and the boy was 'better' with having a dog to be close to.

Kellie i did read a few wks ago now that it was to be aired in the US shortly, so i dont know if u have seen it yet? A drama WELL worth watching and so very touching.

I dont have a pet of any sort but i do want to get a fish tank (tropical) T likes em and finds it relaxing watching them swim about and so do i! Smile

funkymamu

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone's child have a pet ?   15/5/2007, 6:02 am

We have a beautiful black cat called Merlin and semi adopted our next door neighbours young cat Jasmine (They kick her out during the day and she immediately comes around here, strangely enough i think it's to escape the chaos where she lives). S has days where he loves Merlin to bits and has him on his lap and other days when he just annoys him, but almost always the place where Merlin goes to sleep is S's bedroom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone's child have a pet ?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone's child have a pet ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: General discussions-
Jump to: