Share | 

SENCo Meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: SENCo Meet   11/9/2008, 2:49 am

Have a meeting with SENCo and class teacher and classroom assistant next Wednesday. Can't quite believe it. School are actually doing something for me! Plus the fact that they are following MY demands on C's IEP. Will wonders never cease?

Thing is....yeah, there's always a "thing" with me!....how much different IS year 2 to year 1? I have been told that year 2 is when they start to knuckle down and stop being babyed. Is this true, in your experiences? My C is very subdued at the moment, I know she' only been back for 4 days, but where is the little girl who would bound up to me with a HUGE hug when I picked her up from school? She doesn't appear to be tired, she's certainly not falling asleep any earlier, and after about half an hour at home she's her usual cheeky self so I wonder if it's simply that she's trying to work harder, or more likely that she's trying to comply with school? I have had some impressive meltdowns at home over really silly little things that wouldn't have bothered her before, so I suspect that she's trying to comply and be a "good girl" and, as we all know, this can't last!

Ah, well....I'll see what happens on Wednesday, I guess. I already have a hundred questions to ask and it's only Thursday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: SENCo Meet   11/9/2008, 2:10 pm

Definatley sounds like trying to comply. Bless her. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: SENCo Meet   11/9/2008, 11:31 pm

Hope it goes well on Wed, let us know how it goes (((())))
Im sorry i carnt offer any advice about yr 2, dd has never really been in year groups at school, apart from reception and yr 1 then moved to the special school where they dont seem to use year groups but work on ability instead of age. If it helps tho dd hasnt been quite herself since shes gone back, more tantrums and unusually quiet one eve which got me concered. There have been alot of changes with staff over the summer tho so I think shes just adjusting to the changes and will settle after a few weeks, I hope C does the same.
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: SENCo Meet   12/9/2008, 3:16 am

Awww hun i know what ur going through hugging

Bless C it must be so hard for them to comply like they have to but then we get the brunt of it all eh! T is already saying that he doesnt want to go to school, he has said it for the last 3 days now and we know what will happen to me if he doesnt go Sad

So we have got a jar with some stickers on for him in which he gets 20p for every day that he goes to school, thats 1 per week and its well worth it if it helps keep him on track. So far so good but i just know and feel he is finding it a real struggle being in school.

Yes do let us know how it goes on wednesday and what a result that ur input may well be heard and taken notice of! thumbup Good luck hunny!

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: SENCo Meet   18/9/2008, 1:30 am

It went well, all things considered!

I am utterly convinced that C is now simply trying to comply and told them so....now they have to encourage her a bit more!

Outreach are coming in to school on the 21st October which is always a good thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SENCo Meet   

Back to top Go down

SENCo Meet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1