Self-harming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Self-harming   4/9/2008, 3:59 am

Ugh...C has started self-harming.
Pulling her own hair and clenching her fists and hitting herself in the head.

I don't which is worst...seeing her do it or not being able to stop her. Crying

Is there anything I can do to help her stop it? I have no idea why she suddenly started as she has never seen anything like that as far as I know, so it can't be copied.

You try so hard to keep your children from harm and then they turn upon themselves...... Crying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bambi
Admin

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Self-harming   4/9/2008, 4:22 am

Awwww hun im so sorry hugging

as u know T self harms and has done for a long time now Sad

Its so tricky hun and there is nothing we can do but to try divert them from doing it, is it when she is having a meltdown? what triggers it if u know?

T self harms when VERY stressed or at the ending of a meltdown.

I feel sick to see him do it and i tell him when he is doing to stop and mummy loves him. T self harms in many ways, our family support worker & my boyfriend have witnessed it also, he hits his head with his hands, will headbang a door/wall, bites his wrists, puts his fingers down his throat to make himself sick and god knows how he knows it makes him sick doing this coz no way on earth he has seen such behaviour! lately the new one is trying to poke his eyes out with his fingers, which he has done in town during the sch hols Sad

our family support worker has said that i need teaching restraints techniques, i realise this the older and bigger T is getting, so i guess that will be discussed at our next 6 weekly meeting which is now on 30th Sept.

Sorry im no use hun but u can take comfort in knowing C is not alone in doing this and all we can do is our best to manage the behaviours, like always eh!

hugging hugging

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Self-harming   4/9/2008, 4:39 am

hugging hugging I really hope you wont hate me after Ive told u this.
dd used to self harm, she pulled out clumps of her and developed a nervous twitch, Im sorry to say it was all down to the wrong school placement. There could be any number of reasons why C is doing it but theres normally a reason due to stress levels. Once dd was removed from the school she stopped, Im really sorry to be the voice of doom. hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Self-harming   4/9/2008, 5:29 am

Don't be daft Misty! All information is good information! Even if it's painful to write and read! hug

I can't find the trigger. It's neither before nor after a melt-down and she seems to be doing it for fun. confused

A sensory thing, maybe? Or I haven't found the trigger yet?

As you know I have a big problem (NOT an issue! It's a PROBLEM!) with school...but SHE doesn't! Now I'm going down the "am I doing this sub-consciously to her route"....Oooh, so not going there!

Roll on Moving Day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-harming   

Back to top Go down

Self-harming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1